Sea Defence Drainage Package
This scheme involved significant piling and drainage works to stabilise the existing cliff, along with sea defence and a new R.C. Seawall.
DCE was appointed civils subcontractor, our works included:
- Breaking down of 1200mm concrete piles and forming a significant R.C. pile cap with rock anchor tendons passing through.
- Deep cut off drains and associated manholes.
- Large diameter MDPE fusion welded outfall pipe to the sea.
- R.C. structures.
- Car park and paving works.
- Excavation for the new sea wall toe in Granite (included rock cutting) placement of 8 tonne rock armour.
- Construction and maintenance of the haul roads on the beach.
- Provision of operated plant for the construction works.
- Stainless steel welding and fabrication.
Another award winning scheme we were a part of.